Cute is the New Adorable

Click here for the latest blog post!

Click here to subscribe to my YouTube channel!




Type "cute" into Google Search, click Images and let me know what you see

Is it just me or when someone says "you're cute" and attempt to be romantic about it, it's an insult? 

Do you ever get tired of hearing that and feeling insulted or average? {In the words of this generation, "basic"}

When you hear "cute" do you not think of puppies? Puppies are adorable... therefore, cute is the new adorable.

Yes, it's a spin-off of Orange is the New Black which is a great show, btw. But when I hear cute now, I try my best to correct them. Simply saying AND believing "I'm beautiful" is setting high expectations and also kind offffff expanding people's vocabulary. Cute, sweet, pretty, hot, and fine are not typically terms of beauty you want to hear so why not set higher expectations?

Say you went out to Jazz Night or to party and you are wearing your best outfit. Would you want to hear "you're cute" or "your outfit is cute" all night or during that event? No! I would respond by saying "you mean beautiful?" Put your foot down and demand that people adjust! There is nothing wrong with that. It's definitely not being passive either but assertive and confident. 

You wouldn't even expect someone to tell you that on your PROM NIGHT! I know it's a small and technical concept but it really does make a difference and has an effect on others and yourself. We must redefine beauty and use it's diverse terms more often. And set a higher standard! Therefore...



Make sure you subscribe to see new blog postings and YouTube videos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"