You's A Trip! Part 1 of Travel, Girl!

Excuse my grammar but I knowsss I am a trip and I love taking multiple of them!!! (HA I'm sooo corny!)


In this post, I talk about how I got to take my ultimate dream trip to Paris, France & Venice, Italy! 
Throughout this travel post series I will post more pictures of this dream. This is only the start, the jest, the beginning of many more tips on trips, how to not be funny with money, and more! Travel, Girl! Why not?!?

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, tree and outdoor



The Start of my Dream Trip
Ever since I was a young girl, I dreamt of traveling ALL over the world. From England to France to India to Africa and Australia, I wanted the experience of a lifetime! I also yearned for a place free of bullying, judgment, and taking instruction... yeah, being totally free to express myself, dress how I wanted to dress, talk how I wanted to talk, and act how I wanted to act. Plus, who wouldn't want to brag that they had a foreign significant other?! That would be the one of the greatest stories to tell our future children! However, it's college and an opportunity to join a class that will study Paris & the Jazz Age which includes famous writers such as Langston Hughes, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Gloria Stein, and others. Oh, let's not forget the class will travel on a 10-day trip to Paris, France and Venice, Italy. Where do I sign up?


The Middle
That class was a challenge! I was shocked to know that the class that would make my dreams come true would not be a slice of cake for an upcoming grad. To be honest, the only reason I joined the class was to travel! Learning about the famous writers of the Jazz Age was definitely a plus but I, in my own eyes, deserved a trip for my academic success. My parents asked me what I wanted for a graduation gift and I said this class so I can go to Paris and Venice. 

I'm so thankful that my parents supported and allowed me to travel over 4,000 miles overseas to visit the place of my childhood dreams. I had the experience of a lifetime! Traveling overseas was one of the best events that occurred for me in 2016! It was the perfect graduation gift.


  Image may contain: food and indoor Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup
The End

I can sum up the events that happened in France and Italy by stating these quick tips: Crepes should only be desserts, travel with people you know, secure & watchful of your belongings but not too much(?) and when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Many people thought I was Parisan because of my style (which has always come naturally since I eat, sleep, breathe, and love everything Paris), my French/Franglish (commendable... I guess), and because I did not act like a tourist. I had studied and known Paris my whole life... it felt like home! Italy, on the other hand... I was completely lost. I was also sick the whole time I was there so it's definitely on my list to go back.

I can explain everything later but to avoid a long blog post, I'll just break up my travel experiences in this series. I'll share more pictures, answer questions, give detailed tips, share stories, and more! So make sure you are subscribed by scrolling to the bottom to the "I would like to receive notifications" box.

Image may contain: 1 person, sky and tree




























check out my Amway store at www.amway.com/AyanaCrawford

Comments

  1. I love it!!! I want to study abroad this summer with my spanish 2 class. It's already going to cost me 1,400 for a deposit and plane fair. But i will be there for 3 weeks. Do you think it's worth it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! I wish I could've done weeks in Paris but that's under $2,000 and most classes at university get better deals than what you could on your own. Definitely do it!

      Delete
  2. Love..love your blog, its so relatable, i definitely want to travel more, im inspired even more on your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! When creating this blog, I was hoping it would do just that! I hope that you subscribe so you can see more postings about how to travel more. Please feel free to ask questions so I can cover it in the next travel post! Thank you again for your support and for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Hey! I wanted to make sure I followed up with you! Here is the link to Part 2 of this travel series: http://empoweringforthefuture.blogspot.com/2017/02/getting-ready-travel-girl-part-2.html Hope you are planning a trip and traveling soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)