Let’s Do Life Together

Hey guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I’m Iyahna, the second writer for EFTF! I’m going to be transparent and let you guys know that I put off posting for as long as I possibly could!!! It’s not that I didn’t want to post but I was a little nervous about how I would be received or if you guys would even like what I had to say! However, I had to swallow those feelings because I had someone that was expecting something (a second blogger) from me.
    A little about me.. I was born & raised in good old South Carolina! I grew up in a single parent household where my mom made sure that her three children would never lack anything! She taught us how to be strong & how to make something out of nothing in the tightest situations. We went to church every Sunday because, that was the right thing to do.
     I love God & church without a doubt but, I still felt like I was missing something. I wasn’t convinced that God was just a Wednesday night & Sunday morning only type of God. I have daily struggles, so I need a daily God! I couldn’t understand why felt so out of place everywhere I went & why I was so unhappy with everything!
    My senior year I made a friend & one night he told me to come to this random concert at this church in Fort Mill (Movement). That night I instantly fell in love with God all over again. It was great but I couldn’t just up & leave my church even though this is exactly what I was looking for. A few months later I decided my senior prom was going to have to go on without me & I went to a youth revival instead. On that particular night this strange yet relatable pastor spoke to the crowd and to my soul. He just so happened to be the pastor of Movement. I was told that once I graduated I could go to church wherever I wanted, just as long as I was going to church. Needless to say that when I graduated I ran to that church!
     Now here I am, almost two years later just trying to figure out how to be what God has called me to be. Since you’re reading this, I guess you’re coming along for the ride. Let’s grow in God’s love & self love together! Let’s do life together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)