This Generation: Why Wait? Part 1

Long time, No see!

Congrats! You have just opened or commenced my first blog series!


I feel as if this topic is necessary for a blog series since there is so much going on in the world and with my generation. In light of the events going on in the world, it is imperative that we, this young adult generation, get down to business and stop being distracted by social media, gossip, music, etc. yet use these things for our advantage. We have so much potential, creativity, activism, charisma, and so much more to get a lot more things done in our society and bring change. After all, we are the next leaders. I have the understanding that it is a part of my calling to help my generation and lead them to the Promise Land (Joshua and not Moses' style).

Speaking of, I have been studying the book of Joshua in the Bible (New International Version). I want to be able to listen and obey God's commands without hesitation or second guessing him. With all of that comes day-to-day practice and trust me, there's always tests that we go through to see if we fully trust God or not. I face them myself and sometimes choose to ignore the things I KNOW God is telling me and do my own thing (not good!). Therefore, in order for me to be like Joshua, I must always yield to His voice which involves me lowering my flesh man and strengthening my spirit man; I must stop doing my own thing and focus on the things above (Col. 3:1-17). I must, first, work on myself WHILE bringing others into His kingdom as well. Why, you may ask?

There are bigger things in this world than just you and I. There is literally a spiritual battle and warfare going on that we do not see but can faintly feel around us. For example, have you ever been the only person sober at a party or bar and felt uncomfortable with your surroundings, whether that is in the people or place you were in PHYSICALLY. Something was not right in your spirit but you either brushed it off, joined in, or left from that setting or environment. You were experiencing or in the place of a spiritual battle between angels and demons. These things go on everyday whether you recognize them or not, party, bar, at work, at school, or anywhere. It is REAL!

For instance, last week while attempting to go to bed early to help for one of the incoming freshmen's Summer Orientation Sessions, I could not sleep that night. I woke up late the next morning to one of the sessions and felt very uneasy. Once I arrived, my VP told me that everyone was running late that morning and complained of not being able to sleep. I thought "what a coincidence". However, I shared with her my reasoning and uneasiness. I remembered my dream/nightmare I had that night that caused my uneasiness and tardiness. In my dream, I was being fussed at by the Devil and God. I remember being confused and frustrated in my dream. I even woke up feeling the same way and was even sweating and rapid heart beating. The dream felt so real!

After spending the day in confusion and repeatedly asking God why He was fussing at me (kind of laughing my rhetorical question off), the uneasiness and confusion became to fade. That night, however, I was afraid that I was going to have the same dream again. I prayed for a peaceful sleep and no nightmares. Luckily, God answered my prayers... he also answered my question. That next day God revealed to me that He and the Devil were not fussing at me but fighting over me!

The plans God has for not only me but every single believer is unbelievable and indescribable! He is constantly moving and working in our lives and continues to do sooooo much for us. Some of us cannot even give him the time of day to even pray or talk to Him or at least thank Him. I used to be like that too before I decided to fully live for Him. The fact that they were fighting over me scared me at first but only made me realize that God's plans for me must be big for the Devil to be threatened by me. I believe everyone has that capability. I hope this blog series will begin to open your eyes to the deceptions we consume every day through media, etc. and how we need to take responsibility for the things we allow to go on in this world and within our generation. I also want this series to make you realize the things that are bigger than us, battles that need to be fought and won.

Why wait to claim your inheritance? Why wait to fight? Why wait to get your life right?

I once heard "If not you, then who? If not now, then when?" The time is now! Things are changing now! And we, this generation, need to start getting our lives right NOW!

The wait is over.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)