Happy Black History Month, Folks!




If you haven't noticed that it's the month of February, then you must not follow any African-Americans. It is already the 6th day of the month of 2018 and we have had three boycotts (including the one Monique is participating in LOL), many iconic African-American birthday celebrations including MLK Day and Trayvon Martin, and the case re-trial for Bill Cosby. So much is going on and we have many things to pay attention to in the news, social media, and in our personal lives.

With all that said, I would like to challenge myself and my co-writer to complete a post once a week every week this month about African-American rights, pop culture, historical facts, issues in the black community or celebrity spotlights. This is only the first post to many more to come! Please stay tuned.

Let's start by checking out my "In Black" Music Series on Soundcloud:

This playlist was created to empower and uplift the African-American soul. I felt like we all have dope playlists we listen to but I have yet to find one that articulates how I feel about being Black in America. Instead of waiting for someone else to create it, why not me? So here it is, all the chapters of the playlist and others sitting on private waiting to be released on any given #MusicMonday.

Recap:
Chapter 1- BE in Black

Chapter 2- GROW in Black

Chapter 3- BOLD in Black

If you know any artists or songs on Soundcloud that would fit perfectly into the mission of the playlist series, please comment or message me below! Thank you in advance for your suggestions and support! Stay tuned...

and again, Happy Black History Month (it's needed)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)