Travel, Girl to Central America!


Girrrrrl (or Boy), in August 2018, I traveled to Costa Rica!
I traveled with a couple of my classmates after our graduation and spent less than $1,500 on this trip! 
To be honest, we had been discussing this trip for months since the beginning of our grad program but booked our adventure less than a month away!
I apologize that this post is very vague but I let the pictures speak for themselves... Enjoy!!!




 

We stayed at a hot springs lodge by the Arenal volcano which is 3 hours from San Jose!
This picture (above) was Day Two and the first day in months that the natives had seen the top of the volcano! We were so blessed to see it that morning for an hour or so!








I had the experience of a lifetime by zip lining through the jungle!

 
(The best meal I've ever experienced in CR!)



"Let's go to the square!" Next up, great scenery!





The food there was amazing!!! Especially for breakfast and this picture on the left!







This was my first time going horseback riding and it was through a jungle!






It was a busy day chasing waterfalls and searching for monkeys!


 

Storytime: It was this picture on the left where I lost my footing, fell, and not only bruised my left side of the body but got my passport, phone, and souvenirs soaked! the water felt GREAT though!



Next couple of pictures to document my first time using an ATV!







 Rinsing off in the river!


Wonderful food, wonderful memories, and wonderful people!
I enjoyed myself in San Jose!







Tips for CR: 1. Bring your own wash cloths
2. Be prepared that toilet is not strong enough to flush tissue; motto: If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown... yup
3. Everyone is friendly (from my experience) and mostly speak English
4. Be prepared for crazy roads (paved, unpaved, twist, and turns). It felt like a roller coaster!
5. Don't be in a rush anywhere and if so, plan to leave in enough time. Travelling from one city to the next may take hours!
6. If you are trying to travel at night, please be with a local or avoid traveling at night.
7. Mother nature shares a space with you; although I didn't get to experience this but everyone who travels to CR at least see monkeys and/or sloths!
8. They do not take crumbled or wrinkled dollars.
9. Visit a beach, volcano, or both!
10. Relax!!! This is not a place to live the fast life! Take deep breaths and enjoy the scenery!

Don't forget! If you have any questions about my trip, feel free to email me or comment at the bottom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"