Election Season 2016

10 Things Election 2016 Has Taught Me

(in no particular order)
Image result for election 2016
No political party was responsible or discussed in the making of this post.

1. Alec Baldwin plays the best Donald Trump and Tom Hanks as a Trump Supporter. 
People could not get enough of Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon on SNL (Saturday Night Live)! The two actors had viewers tuning in every Saturday night for their best Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton impersonations. My favorite skit was them calling a truce to their feud and hitting Times Square together!

Image result for alec baldwin snl

Tom Hanks also made an appearance on another episode of SNL as a Trump supporter participating in a game show called "Black Jeopardy". Very funny... and not as offensive as you'd think!

Image result for tom hanks snl

2. People are more prejudice and racist than I thought... and are more prejudice and racist than they even thought or knew about themselves.
Wow! Funny how some people would do, say, post, and tweet things that were blatantly racist in its content/message and then deny their own prejudices and racist ideologies. Some were bold with it and stood behind their beliefs which are fine... yet dangerous and also a scary thought. How do you NOT see or know that you're a racist?? (separate blog posting coming soon!)

3. Being black is a serious issue to discuss and risk to be.
Common discussions when it comes to politics are gun control, policing, employment, education, abortion, immigration, and apparently THE African-Americans. This election season, that's all I remember hearing about (excluding women's reproductive rights and the e-mails). Over and over again on the radio, I heard a certain candidate's recording about how "THE Blacks cannot walk outside without being shot."

Image result for shocked gif

Mmm... Interesting!

Getting the "black vote" was definitely a priority on everyone's agenda this election season.

Image result for black are you serious gif

4. People are more close- and narrow-minded (a.k.a. ignorant) than I thought EVER!
People will believe any and everything they see and hear from the media, in general! I realized that some people I thought was smart and would do their research (even when you give them the resources to look it up for themselves), they STILL do not do it!

Image result for thinking gif

At the beginning of election season as the number of candidates began to narrow, people were stating that DT (Donald Trump) was "speaking the truth" and "said what everyone was thinking." I began analyzing those statements and views according to the Word and I found that those statements could have possibly true! Only because him speaking the "truth" and "what others were thinking" reflected possible flesh and worldly thoughts kept hidden; they did NOT align with what God commanded to His people which stated "to love their neighbor as thyself" and unfortunately, I personally did not observe that principle from any of the candidates.

5. Social media is a playground.
Social media is a platform for people to exercise their first amendment rights and wow, did people use it! It was ridiculous what things were shared, posted, and tweeted. It's a playground for the childish, fools and the wise, scholars and everyone in-between!

6. Party over logic: political views are worth losing friends over.
Political party over logic and being. There were multiple, and I'm sure, thousands of arguments, unfriending, and blocking going on during this election season (also a lot of violence). I didn't even keep up with how many people unfriended or blocked me but I can recall the arguments and on-going ignorance I constantly corrected up and down my TL.

I understand people cannot be friends with someone for their ignorance and prejudice ideologies etc. but some were deleting simply because their political party differed from theirs. I didn't know it was that serious!

7. Vote... even when you don't have the best options.

Image result for political party fight

This is only my second time voting in any elections (I'm only 22 years old!) and this is the first time that I heard people hating both options as well as voting to prevent the other from getting into office.

8. To pray to keep from stressing.
From this recent election season and my increase of interest in politics, I have been praying harder than ever before (for spiritual and national reasons). Being closer to God prevented me from stressing because He constantly and consistently reminded me that He was in control.

Image result for praying hands

 In result of being closer to Him and going to Him with my questions, requests, etc. I am more than sure that He told me who the winner of this election will be and how to go about it. His Will and Prophecy HAS to be fulfilled REGARDLESS which influenced me...

9. To read the book of Revelations for peace of mind.
There is something calming about reading Revelations in today's society. I think I like the feeling of being in the "know;" knowing what's coming, what has to happen, etc. I always said it has to get worse before it gets better and I am a firm believer in that now more than ever!

10. Trust in God more.
There are A LOT of things that are out of our control and we must accept that. I literally cast my cares, concerns, and requests to God like the Bible says (1 Peter 5:7; Phil. 4:6)



2016 Election Season is definitely one for the books! I have no ill feelings or worries moving forward in this country. We still have a lot of work to do and we must work together to get solutions and things accomplished. Whether we have our first woman President or a millionaire/businessman as President, they gave us all a run for our gas, money, passports, and brains!

God Bless America!



Sincerely,
AMC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"