Single for LYfe Part 3: No Rush

You guessed it! Let's talk about ENGAGEMENTS!



To all the engaged or married couples out there or even reading this post, CONGRATULATIONS! Truly from the bottom of my heart, I wish you all the best of luck and true happiness with one another. Cherish the moments you share with your love, your soulmate, your partner, and your best friend.

This post is for all the single ones out there, still searching for their love, soulmate, partner, and best friend!


I have one word of advice for you: WAIT! Being single does not mean you are lonely... being single actually means a lot of things but I will leave that for other bloggers to post about. I want to focus on the fact that we, as a young and innovative generation, feel like we are "old" at the ages of 20, 21, plus. Since when does being under 30 mean you are old??

My guess is because we get on social media and see in society that quote on quote "everyone" is engaged, married, or pregnant. A large proportion of people in society may be doing that but that does not mean we are too late or behind everyone else. Just because they are starting early does not mean we, as singles, are starting late.

I don't know about you but I plan on being here on this Earth until the Lord comes back or whenever he plans on taking me, whatever the Lord's Will is for my life, I believe he has someone out there for me. I also plan on living well into my 90's. That is 70 years ahead of me! Time is precious and life is short but I want to live while I can and when I can.

Someone told me the other day that they were not truly happy, hardly smiled, and feel as though they are not living. I found myself like that earlier this year; re-evaluating my life and my happiness. I discovered that I cannot truly be happy until I finished school and had time to explore the world. I am an alumna now and plan on traveling. I actually was planning on going to New York, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and Dallas this summer before I start working full time this August but I had to ask myself, "Why are you rushing?" Those places will always be there, right? I will have vacation time (I hope) to travel to all these places even abroad. I just need to sit back, trust in God, and focus on living NOW while I have the time.

Waiting is my best advice to all those single individuals who feel as though they are missing out. You are living. There may be different opportunities that present themselves, some greater than others, but it is up to you to make decisions that are best for you. If rushing into a relationship, getting married, or having a baby is your ultimate desire, then do you. But while doing you, make sure you are happy with who you are, who you surround yourself with, who you're listening to, what inspires you, etc.

There's absolutely no rush... wait.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)