Count your Blessings- My Bio

Greetings All,

I MISS BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!!

In honor of me missing you all, I decided to do a quick post on what God has in store in my life. I wrote this bio in an e-mail a few months ago when my favorite high school teacher invited me to speak come back and speak to young girls in a Women Ambassadors club (where they seek to encourage and support young women in their academic and professional success now and in the future). I am honor to have such privilege and will be going this Friday (pics coming soon). A lot of things I hope to become, I have and will be. I am literally counting my blessings... get to know me and where I am now. I think it's good to sit back and recognize all the things you have accomplished and pat yourself on the back. Keep going!



Remember: you are free to comment below! Hope this inspires you!



"Ayana Crawford is a Junior Psychology Major, Women and Gender Studies Minor at Winthrop University. Ayana is very involved on campus and has a lot of school pride. She is chair of the Fine & Performing Arts Committee on DSU which is funded by the school and the nation's number 1 programming board in the nation! She hopes to be president next year. She is also a member of S.O.A.R. which is a volunteer organization on campus that is very active in the community. She also volunteers with Arts & Medicine every Friday at the local hospital and with Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society which is a prestigious, national service society. 

She is also an unofficial member of True Gold (a spirit and unity club), Kinetic Fever (hip-hop club), and Stepping Stones (mental health awareness club). Along with balancing schoolwork and club/organization involvement on campus, she works as a Level 1 Tutor at the Academic Success Center, a tutoring service for students. There, she tutors students, predominantly Freshmen, in MATH 150. 

She also works at TJ Maxx in Lexington once a month. When she is not working and at home in Lexington, she enjoys spending time with her family and her friends. She also started a blog where she empowers and encourages young women to be themselves and not follow societal expectations of how a woman should be. Along with an empowering blog, she is a radio co-host for a show on Winthrop's Radio called Women Empowering Women. 

In the future, Ayana hopes to be a counselor (guidance, couples/marriage, family, and individual). She enjoys doing research which is important in her field. She also hopes to travel abroad and own her own practice. Her dream occupation in which she came in wanting to be is a music therapist. She hopes to continue talking and empowering women on feminism and race issues (her newly found passions). She lives believing that nothing is impossible and that one can be anyone/anything they want to be."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"