Quick Inspiration

So I'm a firm believer that any little thing could inspire someone. I just posted a picture on my Instagram (@AyeMmCee) and decided that this would be the perfect opener to my next blog post that I am currently working on.

My caption said: "Who said kissy face, peace signs, and filters were out of style? Was it the same person who said 'Be Yourself'??"

Of course, I'm being myself and being original in this picture (which does not get a lot of likes in today's society especially by my peers which is fine). Social media is another way to "Step out" from the norm.

Those who really thought about my caption and have read my blogs may assume that the "who" in my caption is society. You are correct to assume that. Fortunately, I recognize this battle of societal views versus my own personal views and decide to (of course) go against society. I am okay with the term "rebel" but with being a rebel comes the rebel mindset. I have found myself being mad at my peers for not reaching the same realization as I have but I'm glad to say I have also recognized this anger and is working on fixing it. So I apologize to anyone I know personally who has/had to deal with my rebel side. Regardless, those who have not seen my picture yet on IG or those who do not understand where I was coming from, this post is for you.

"Identity Crisis" post coming soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"