The Re-Discovery of My Lost Love (Poem by yours truly)



"Sitting in awe because I realized what I've been missing. They say you never know
what you got until it's gone and I see that you've been neglected by me. As I sit in 
your presence, I miss the feelings you gave me; caused my heart to skip a beat. I
missed leaning against your hard body, strumming my thumbs against your chest, 
singing loudly and proudly as I enjoyed making crazy noises with you. We made
beautiful music together, just me and you with no one else around. You brought
tears to my eyes, something I cannot explain. No one makes me feel the way you
do; our hearts beat as one. I have so much in me ready to let out but words can't 
explain, words can't come out of my mouth. I was lost without you. We can 
change the world together because you have changed my world. You're the only
one God has brought in the light and shown me crystal clear as day, as it is night.
He made you 'specially for me when he crafted you. And now as I sit here in the
dark with you by my side, I realize you're the only thing I've been missing that's
been here all along... The only materialistic thing I couldn't live without...
My Lola Love"



Meet Lola Love <3

She sits in the corner of my bedroom; seen yet unseen. I use to play her my sophomore year when I would come home from a class and would be stressed out. I would play when I had the room to myself and would have a grand time. Since then, Lola Love has collected dust and winded up sitting in the corner of my bedroom two years later. I made it a goal this Winter Break to pick her up and play her once more. Once again we had a grand time and I was moved! Something was different however. Her song was different because my life is different. 

I said all of this and created this post not only so you'll get to know me on a personal level (I don't always have to blog about race, women, and relationship issues); I created this to share with you a love for music that I've always had and to encourage you to find a healthy destressor. Playing Lola Love causes me to destress from life... in a positive way. Most people do this by drinking or partying, etc. but if you find something you love and passionate about and find ways for it to positively help you, do it!

Find something you love and is passionate about to help you destress and bring out the better you!


With love,
AMC



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)