Where You At? Purpose Check

Warning: this blog post is very cut-throat and direct... It's meant to be.



Have you ever thought or reflected on the big question of "What is the purpose of Life?"

Typically, the response is for us, as human beings, to find our calling and purpose on this Earth.

Well, that answer may be hard to find especially because there are so many things you can set your affection, focus, and goals on to find your purpose.

I have news for you! The only way you can find your purpose is through knowing Christ Jesus!


"Oh, here we go. Another biblical post/message from Ayana." Yeah, oh well! I know A LOT... A LOT of people who are still stuck in this world trying to figure out who they are and the path they need to take. They say they are "damaged" or "broken" (post on this coming soon) and wonder what is their purpose or their calling is in their life but do not think to find their answer by seeking God. The Bible says "Seek Him first and his righteousness and everything else will be added unto you" (Matt. 6:33) and it states "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jer. 29:11).

The method and technique I use and encourage others to make their motto is the "Ask, Seek, Knock" scripture. It states "Ask and it will be given to you, Seek and you should find, Knock and the door shall be opened" (Luke 11:9-10). It sounds so simple but people make it so complex. And I really hope you read further in those scriptures and chapters to have background information on how to and why to apply it.

You ever wished for something and spoke it aloud or into existence and was shocked it came through or actually happened. Your words have power because you are a child of God whether you believe in Him or not! For a week over the summer when I was developing and improving my relationship with God, I asked him a question every day and I KID YOU NOT my answer came either an hour later or the next morning. It was scary at first to see what I spoke or asked aloud come into fruition but I got used to it and ended asking Him about everything. God must have laughed and said "Ayana, you're doing the most; now you must seek and exercise the rest of my Word". I agreed and decided to move on to further things.

In church, my pastor always said "the thing you are challenged in the most is the very area God will use you in." With me, that just confirms my calling to helping women and race issues. Growing up, I was called an Oreo and that I wasn't truly black. I was always friends with a diverse crowd of people but always surrounded by those who never understood me. I had issues and drama with girls in every friend group I ever had. I grew up to realize that I was never meant to fit in and try hard to have many friends. These girls saw something in me that I could not see in myself... I'd like to think it was my leadership and confidence but now even more, I know that it was because of God's calling and purpose for me and my life. I have a story to tell and share with you all that will hopefully change your life or how you view things... Hence, my blog.

(In case you did not catch that hint, I'm fulfilling my purpose now as I type. NOT TO BRAG OR ANYTHING! Seriously.)

The point I'm trying to make is that we all were created by Him for a purpose and reason. We are not on this Earth to just roam and not have anything come from it. We have influence and impact and connect with many people in our lives. However, without Him you'd just be wander around trying to figure out "the purpose of life" when your answer is in HIM!

Okay... that's all I got. Do you know him?

Where you at? Purpose Check

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)