The Power of the #Selfie Stick



IS THERE POWER IN A SELFIE STICK?!?!?

                                     

                                             


Yes!! There is power in the Selfie Stick!

When I first got a Selfie Stick this past Christmas I was excited! It was not as popular as it once was but it began getting mainstream again around the time I got mine. EVERYONE was on their social media pages saying they received a new Selfie Stick... myself included! My new toy helped me discover a newfound confidence I forgot I had! Here's why:

I'm an ambivert! Sometimes outgoing and sometimes shy meaning I do NOT ask people to take my picture. I know, I know... and I wear the cutest of slaying outfits but I am too shy to ask other people to take a head to toe photo of me. Even I get self-conscious when posing for pictures that others are taking for me but it's mostly because I am conditioned to do it too!

I don't mind taking pictures for other people and I have been conditioned to the self-awareness outbursts such as "oh my, face looks fat," "my eyes look weird", "do it from this angle", etc. There is nothing wrong with these comments. I have heard them so much, I tend to say the same things but decide to not ask other to take my slaying pictures because I rather avoid that.

NOW with my new Selfie Stick, I can take as many pictures and redoes as I would like! *sounding like an infomercial*

There's power but I find empowerment in the stick. I know its just an object but we give it power and influence. I know I do not need a Selfie Stick to step up my selfie game, get full body pics, etc. but I choose to use this tool to help me display my confidence. If you find yourself in the middle of your confidence level one day, take selfies and see how much better you feel :-)

sincereLY,
AMC 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)