Saving Skin


Image result for rompers 2017Image result for wrap shirts 2017

There are soooo many stylish and cute outfits/trends in stores right now. From low rise, to wraps, chokers, to rocking sports bras under overalls, off the shoulders, you name it! It's in style and it's super cute!
Image result for off shoulder shirts 2017 Image result for club dresses 2017

However, is this what God wants me to wear? He said in His Word to be "in the world not of it" but am I being of the world by following fashion trends? I am having a common dilemma I assumed most young Christians are battling with also. Although these fashions and styles are cute, I've made a decision to not follow the world's trends the day I declared myself a Christian. As I get closer to God, I started to understand what He is for and against. Reading His Word about how a woman should behave and submit under her husband really had me thinking. I want to be someone's wife one day but right now, I'm just a woman. I understand why other cultures require their women to cover up in a way. Therefore, I decided to "save skin" which means I will choose not to partake in any clothing activity involving the trends of showing off skin. I am choosing to "save skin" for my husband. I feel like he should be the only one to see those parts of my body; it is something intimate and intriguing for men so I don't want to tempt them as well as look/be of the world by flaunting my sexuality. I think a lot of people would disagree and this is bait for great discussions. However, this is a personal lifestyle and goal I am choosing FOR MYSELF... somewhat led by God. This summer is going to be a challenge for me when I do go out into public and into the sun but in the comfort of my own home when it's just me, myself, and I, I will wear what I want. I am currently researching and looking into styles like Bermuda shorts, gotcho pants, etc. that are still in style but do not cause too much skin to be shown. I think that in the end when I am with my husband and able to bare all how WE BOTH want to, I will be happy with my decision. But until then, the struggle is REAL! But I believe God is leading me into more covered and less worldly mindsets, fashion trends, and lifestyle. I'm deciding to Save Skin...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)