2016 Year End Blog Review

Image result for keep calm and welcome 2017

Ohhhh my! I cannot believe 2016 came and went just that quick!

A lot, many, various, countless, innumerable, umpteen, populous, bounteous, multifarious... and yes I looked up every word that is a synonym for many because that's how EXTRA 2016 was!

But it was well worth the journey, the challenges, the stepping off and on the path, and using a map to gather the right direction. I had my ups and downs with my blog this year. I knew I had more important and essential posts to make but I battled with the hardships of the world and the events that occurred within it. A few times I thought about taking a break from my blogs due to personal endurance, experiences, and the hardships. However, I found myself back at it, blogging as though I never left and it made my love for it worthwhile!

Here's the Year End Review


1.) Top 5 Blog Posts were:


2.) Reached 5,000 All Time Page Views by 2017!!!!! 704 overall page views after 1 year and now at 2.5 years I am here!

3.) My favorite posts were Drake's "Control Her" Lyrics,  Slavery Embedded, Who She Think She's Empowering, Single for LYfe series, #Racists Be Racisting, and A Step Required 

4.) Started a Podcast series and Facebook page connected to Empowering For The Future blog

5.) Collaborated with and Networked with other bloggers, YouTubers, and activists as well as interviews and features on Blog Connect pages via Twitter & Instagram (Shoutout to J Ferg, CortsWorld, Black & Gifted Blog, Blacks Who Blog, etc.)

6.) Participated in vendor events, conferences, etc. regarding my blog 

7.) Published 34 posts this year alone; almost doubled from 2015

8.) Stepped up my social media promotions by creating a Facebook page for activism @EFTFadvocate & a new Twitter account @EmpowerinBW 

2016 was a journey for me. I found myself closer to God than ever before, grown spiritually/mentally/emotionally, what being a real adult is like, etc. Although this year has been tough, learning how to truly walk in faith and trust in God was the best thing that has EVER happened to me... I wouldn't trade this year in for anything. I am just excited about what's to come in 2017! Amen.

A Look Ahead


I am excited about all that is coming ahead for Empowering For the Future blog. Here are a few of my plans: become a URL/domain, publish all of the posts sitting in my drafts for monthssssss now including the most anticipated posts on traveling, another Single for LYfe post, and "The Day I..." you'll see!

I have more posts for men sitting in my drafts as well!

I'm currently working on 2... potentially 3 MAJOR projects that I cannot WAIT to reveal! God is beyond good and I'm just trying to be obedient! Doing it scared!

So please keep me, Empowering for the Future, and this nation in your prayers because God is moving and doing some things we cannot see or yet understand. Have a great New Years!

Stay tuned...


Image result for bye 2016

Comments

  1. I definitely can relate to this!! I'm so proud of you. I'm glad God introduced us!! May your 2017 year be very prosperious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)