Single for LYfe

Growing up and not being in relationships as my peers made me question myself, "what is wrong with me that would make no one look to date me?"

I found that some females, mostly the ones that are single for a long time, are asking themselves this same question. Wanna know the answer? NOTHING! Nothing is wrong with you. Being single means you take the time to relearn yourself, spend time with yourself, and fall in love with yourself all over again. Being in relationships cause you to forget that you are an individual. Sometimes it causes you to forget to do things that make yourself happy.

I find myself in a difficult position when my girl friends complain about not being in a relationship. I tell them all the same thing "Focus on yourself and the right one will just come when you aren't paying attention". That may be true but from a spiritual standpoint, you must focus on GOD first, build your spirit man up, and GOD will send you the right one. Even I had to learn. Every woman knows about Boaz, Ruth's man of God who loved and cherished her to the point he wanted to make things right before pursuing her heart. However, before Ruth received her Boaz, she first had to trust and believe in God and stay focus and faithful/obedient to Him.

Esther, another spiritual woman who found her true love, also remained faithful/obedient, and focus on Him. Yes, times are different in the Bible than what they are now. We have things such as "talking", "chilling", situationships, etc. that make the steps to being in a relationship more complicated. However, those same concepts and steps that the women and men made in the Bible then are still applicable to now (that's what the Bible is for).

Unlike Esther and Ruth, most women in today's society are not patient, faithful, or fully focused and dedicated to God or themselves. The woman in the picture below made a promise to herself. That promise was that if she did not get married by the time she was 40, she would marry herself! When this story first came out, people were shocked! In all honesty, I was too but is it wrong for her to do that?

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/526694/black-woman-marries-herself-cause-she-couldn-t-find-a-husband-by-the-time-she-turned-40
screen-shot-2015-01-24-at-7-40-16-am.png

Regardless, love GOD and love yourself (LY). Being single doesn't mean that something is wrong with you, it just means you have time to focus on you!


Stay tuned for Part 2: Until Death does Me Part? 

(cheesy I know; not official yet)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chronicles of Racial Battle Fatigue (2017)

Why We Should Say "Physical Distancing"

I Run (for Ahmaud Arbery)